Monday, September 27, 2021

September Teaching Reflection

                                                                                                                       27th September  2021

A Lesson Through Video Tutorial

I taught a lesson  on vowel  digraph sounds(diphthongs) to class three students. Firstly l introduced the sound of  /ou/ and /ow/. Then gave more examples  of /ou/ and /ow/ words. Again to give clear concept  and the sounds like   native speaker l had a video tutorial . I made students to watch the video and practise the sounds while and after watching the video.

            
 Fig.1Video, Downloaded  from the   YouTube 

 

                                                        

 Fig.2 Students watching video.

Students  really  enjoyed  watching  videos. They  learn faster   by watching  videos than the  normal teaching.

They were given some  test activities in the video itself.

After watching  video,  l  asked them to tell the words and  wrote on the board.
l let them to blend and read. Then l went around and randomly asked some students to  blend and read.
I have given lots of activities to have hand on practice. 
P

Fig.3. Students carrying out the activity while watching'


Many of my children could do the reading  activities  very well. Even the weaker students could blend and read the words.
At last l was very happy because  all the students  could blend and read the words.
So to engage whole class with just one lesson, I have to come up with something catchy things. This is when I came up with this video tutorial.
Again to revise  , l have sent the video in the class  wechat  and telegram groups. As a whole the lesson was very interesting  and enjoyable.  From next time,  whenever l teach sounds, l will surely  include ICT to enhance teaching learning process.

                            
 Fig.4. Children Practicing Reading along with Video.   



  Fig.5. children reading after the lesson.


                                                      
                                                      
 Fig.5.Follow up activity

No comments:

 ICT Reflection for the month of November. This time I did not have lesson as such but   most of the time l assess their  work and children...